Texas Day 6 – New Mexico – Arizona (Mtn. Std. Time)
El Paso from our hotel
Not as long a day today but another exhausting one for the Travelers Three. We left El Paso relatively late which threw off both The Chief’s nap time and lunch plans. Traveler Nell as always saved the day finding us the El Camino Real restaurant in Deming, NM. It was there I finally got to try a New Mexico hallmark, the green chile cheeseburger.
El Camino Real’s Green Chile Cheeseburger
It was great. And even better was the people who work there. A real treasure we found.
Then it was back to driving. A lot of it. Made bearable by all the sights along the way.
From a Rest Stop in New Mexico
Sign Warning of Dust Storms on the Highway in New Mexico
What You See When You Cross Into Arizona
Almost My Vantage.
Signs For “The Thing” Appear 180 Mile East on I-10
The Chief (El Jefe) Has No Time to Model Sombreros
I’ll Reveal That “The Thing” houses “Hitler’s Rolls”
About 20 miles from our exit we were caught up in a traffic jam for nearly 40 minutes. The crash that caused it looked devastating so we prayed for the passengers.
Tomorrow we’re off to the Grand Canyon. Service may be spotty. I’ll be drafting as a normal but it maybe until we arrive in Las Vegas next Tuesday before they will post.
Road Trip Tally
- Distance Today: 330.0 mi/531.1 km
- Percentage of Day Driven by Traveler Nell: 0.0%
- Total Distance: 3,838.5 mi/6,177.5 km
- Percentage of Total Driven by Traveler Nell: 1.53%
- Driving Time: 6:22 today (40 stopped on I-10 due to a pretty nasty wreck)/74:58 total
- Gas purchased: 11.874 gal/44.95 L
- Gas price: $1.979/gal-$0.522/L
- Mileage for leg: 29.89 mpg/12.71 km/L
- Mileage for trip: 31.73 mpg/13.49 km/L
- Cost of fill-up: $23.50
- Amount budgeted: $34.45
- $10.95 UNDER budget for leg
- $185.59 UNDER budget for trip
Food Budget $50/day
- Today’s expenditures: $64
- Today OVER Budget: $14
- Food expenditures to date: $927
- Grand total OVER budget: $27
Daily Expenditures (Food/Fuel)
UNDER Budget: $158.59