Nevada Day 3 – California -Day 01
Today was a longer than it was drive through the Mojave Desert from Las Vegas to Bakersfield, California.
The day started out with getting fresh supplies for the Chief. Montezuma must be pretty angry to take his revenge out so badly on a toddler.
Then it was in the road to see some of the most depressing residential outposts I have ever seen.
Once we got to Bakersfield we checked into our hotel and I ran out to top off the tank. I found the “cheapest” gas nearby at the Arco on Buck Owens Blvd. $2.499/gal regular. Now, having driven close to 5,000 miles in the past month I think it’s safe to say I know my way around a gas pump. For some reason this pump wouldn’t accept my credit card. I went to the attendant who told me the don’t accept credit cards to “keep the gas cheap”. Another strike against the San Joaquin Valley.
Road Trip Tally
- Distance Today: 290.6 mi/467.7 km
- Percentage of Day Driven by Traveler Nell: 0.0%
- Total Distance: 4,777.4 mi/7,688.5 km
- Percentage of Total Driven by Traveler Nell: 1.23%
- Driving Time: 6:06 today/93:06 total
- Gas purchased: 12.004 gal/45.440 L
- Gas price: $2.499/gal-$0.660/L
- Mileage for leg: 33.30 mpg/14.16 km/L
- Mileage for trip: 32.09 mpg/13.64 km/L
- Cost of fill-up: $30.35 (includes $0.35 Debit Card Fee)
- Amount budgeted: $35.92
- $5.57 UNDER budget for leg
- $218.88 UNDER budget for trip
Food Budget $50/day
- Today’s expenditures: $25
- Today UNDER Budget: $25
- Food expenditures to date: $1,217
- Grand total OVER budget: $67
Daily Expenditures (Food/Fuel)
- UNDER Budget: $151.87