New York – Seneca Nation – New York – Pennsylvania – Ohio
Today we spent our last moments in New York for a while. Thanks to the unseasonable weather I can’t be too maudlin.
Today our destination was the place of my birth, Cleveland, Ohio. Almost 46 years ago I was born in Fairview General Hospital. However, today I stopped by Rainbow Babies and Children at Case Western University.
Slightly less than 46 years ago I was introduced to Dr. Jerome Liebman, a pioneer in the field of pediatric cardiology. He saved my life. Based on the number of blessings I now count, I owe him immeasurably.
Now, ever since Traveler Nell moved to the US she has wanted to visit Ohio. More specifically she has wanted to get Cincinnati Chili at a Skyline Chili. As luck would have it, a franchise was located on our way to the hospital. Needless to say we stopped and Nell ordered a Chili-3 Way.
Having attempted what was purportedly the Skyline recipe with what we shall call “Mixed Results”, I opted for a single Cheese Coney hot dog and a cheese potato.
Of course El Jefe was there to Chelsea the staff and Nell and I received vouchers for free food. If only we were going to be in town one more day.
Our last tourist stop was the Rock and Roll hall of fame. Lots of great exhibits here but every corner had a different multimedia display and it ended up a bit of a cacophony.
Then it was off to the hotel to unpack then to the excellent Istanbul Grill in Avon for a light dinner of Mediterranean cuisine.
Road Trip Tally
- Distance Today: 239.8 mi/385.9 km
- Total Distance: 901.0 mi/1,450.0 km
- Driving Time: 5:33 today/21:17 total
- Gas purchased: 7.434 gal/28.14 L
- Gas price: $1.95.9/gal-$0.51.7/L
- Mileage for leg: 32.26 mpg/13.72 km/L
- Mileage for trip: 31.38 mpg/13.34 km/L
- Cost of fill-up: $14.56
- Amount budgeted: $32.03
- $17.46 UNDER budget for leg
- $32.21 UNDER budget through 6 days
Food Budget $50/day
- 4/4 expenditures: $76.07
- Today OVER Budget: $26.07
- Food expenditures to date: $218.07
- Grand total UNDER budget: $81.93