Eastern Time Zone Indiana – Central Time Zone Indiana
Today we bid farewell to Notre Dame with a quick drive on campus before we were rebuffed by a security guard. But not before Traveler Nell captured this great photo.
We then headed towards Indianapolis where we planned on stopping for lunch at the excellent (“Ausgezeichnet” in German) Heidelberg Haus cafe. Of course The Chief (Or El Jefe) charmed the owners and all the ladies who worked in the shop.
Then it was on to Saint Meinrad Archabbey where we are spending a quiet evening.
Tomorrow we had planned to stop for lunch in Louisville before heading to Nashville. We are forgoing that now in favor of a light driving day and getting as much value as we can out of our night at Gaylord Opryland Resort.
Road Trip Tally
- Distance Today: 322.6 mi/519.2 km
- Percentage Driven by Traveler Nell: 0.0%
- Total Distance: 1,523.3 mi/2,451.5 km
- Driving Time: 6:01 today/33:18 total
- Gas purchased: 10.706 gal/40.526 L
- Gas price: $2.099/gal-$0.55/L
- Mileage for leg: 32.69 mpg/13.90 km/L
- Mileage for trip: 31.82 mpg/13.53 km/L
- Cost of fill-up: $22.47
- Amount budgeted: $71.80
- $49.33 UNDER budget for leg
- $81.85 UNDER budget through 6 days
Food Budget $50/day
- 4/7 expenditures: $34
- Today UNDER Budget: $16
- Food expenditures to date: $312
- Grand total UNDER budget: $137