Texas Day 2
Texas night one was eventful with an unexpected storm that caused billions in damage. Luckily Tyler was at the southernmost edge of the storm.
After a wonderful night we were heading out of the Tyler Fairfield Inn. In my opinion the best FFI we’ve stayed at and in the top 10 of hotels I’ve visited.
It was a relatively short drive today, only a little over 200 miles. We decided to risk the rain today and forge ahead with our picnic plans. Traveler Nell ran into the Waco Piggley Wiggley and bought a delicious rotisserie chicken. The local park we stopped at had under cover tables that were the perfect size for The Chief’s travel chair.
When we were planning the Great American Road Trip™ we envisioned stopping at all sort of crazy roadside attractions. Carhenges, Bonnie and Clyde’s death spot, Jell-o Museums, et cetera. The reality of traveling with an 18 month old hit us early and many if not most of these stops have been tossed.
One we determined to keep was a stop in Blevins Texas. A dot on the map Traveler Nell and I didn’t think we’d find a marker. But we decided to go anyway as it was 15 minutes from park where we ate lunch.
Needless to say our hopes were buoyed. And much to our delight, we found this.
A worthwhile detour.
Road Trip Tally
- Distance Today: 237.4 mi/382.0km
- Percentage Driven by Traveler Nell: 0.0%
- Total Distance: 2,798.1 mi/4,503.1 qkm
- Driving Time: 5:00 today/54:18 total
- Gas purchased: 6.787 gal/25.691 L
- Gas price: $1.769/gal-$0.467/L
- Mileage for leg: 35.17 mpg/14.95 km/L
- Mileage for trip: 32.50 mpg/13.82 km/L
- Cost of fill-up: $12.01
- Amount budgeted: $36.20
- $24.19 UNDER budget for leg
- $134.68 UNDER budget for trip
Food Budget $50/day
- 4/12 expenditures: $60
- Today OVER Budget: $10
- Food expenditures to date: $694
- Grand total UNDER budget: $6